Session met on April 4 in the Gathering Place. Items of importance to the life of the church included:
- Reception of the financial report. Expenses for March outweighed income by $8,936.37. Operating fund balance at the end of March was $41,863.15
- Final review of application for Pastor Sally's sabbatical.
- Reception of monthly statistical report for March. Average Cross Connection attendance for March was 68; YTD attendance was 69.. Average Traditional attendance for March was 48; YTD attendance was 47.
- A letter was received from the Presbyterian Loan Program congratulating the congregation on repayment of the loan which was secured in order to finance the recent Seeds of Hope project.
- Reception of Youth Ministry report from Director Aaron Lickliter. Both children's and youth ministries are going well, with plans underway for VBS. Next up: a new basketball program to be held at the church.
- Approval of a progressive dinner to be held May 20.
- Pastor Sally will be on vacation May 14-20.
- Approval of May 8 for a conversation about same-sex marriage.
- Approval of June 5 for a conversation about use of the Seeds of Hope mission money.
- Carey Scheck and Pastor Sally will attend the workshop at Montreat. This will be Study Leave week 2 for Pastor Sally.
- Approval of the following expenditures for Foundation income: Youth ministry $2000; Mission trip up to $4000; Culvert construction for drainage up to $6000; Downstairs window shades up to $3500; Downstairs hallway lights and ceiling tiles up to $2000. This will leave a balance of approximately $4103.
Dates to remember:
May 8 - Same-sex marriage conversation
May 9 - Next session meeting
June 5 - Mission (Seeds of Hope) funds conversation